"Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about
the stories and people we're quoting."

~ John Green

Monday, July 14, 2014

One Scarred Hand to the Other

"Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning
In your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where you found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

"Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other"

~ "East to West" by Casting Crowns

Source: AZlyrics.com

No comments: